Monday, May 11, 2009

Two Weeks Notice

Face-to-face friends know it. I told people on Twitter when I clicked the button. And have been telling students through a gradual process for a few months.

I'm not coming back next year. Not to the reservation and not to teaching. At least not directly.

I'm going to graduate school. 

FAQ (Minus the Q)

A1. Northwestern. 

A2. Human Development and Social Policy. 

A3/4. PhD program. 5 years.

A5. Interdisciplinary program. I'm excited to explore statistical analysis of schools and policy. Especially after seeing how the numbers play out in reality.

A6. I'm sure I'll keep blogging, but not here. This is my teacher blog. If I'm not a teacher at the time, then this isn't the place. There are two weeks left this school year. I'll transition to a new space online as I transition to the new place.

I made a list last night of posts before I leave, but this is your warning that a bookmark shift will be in order soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah,

I just wanted to say congrats on making the decision. I've enjoyed reading your teaching blog and I'm sure I'll enjoy the grad school blog as much. (Just be sure to blog about all the nonsense of the insular and personality-driven world of higher academia, of which there will be a lot. I will be amused to remember those times.)

I know about the guilty feeling. I felt that when I left grad school - the opposite situation. But the good news that it goes away.

Always,
Sam

Jackie Ballarini said...

Big decisions are (for me) not easy to make. I hope you find what you're looking for in the latest leg of your journey. I also hope that you have a smooth end in your current teaching experience.

I'm looking forward to reading about your new endeavors. And maybe even hearing about them over coffee and a bit of knitting. :-)

Sarah Cannon said...

Aww, thanks ya'll. Group hug?